Is MoneyWorks Training Necessary
MoneyWorks comes with a sample file about the Acme Widgets company and there is a pdf Tutorial under the Help menu that walks you through the daily business transactions, including bank imports, reconciliations etc. The tutorial is easy to follow and covers all MoneyWorks products, Cashbook, Express & Gold, advising you when you are switching to the next product’s features.
Additionally there are the Canadian & US QuickStart guides that cover setting up your new company file and the Creating a New company file video from our blog as well as other more specialized videos here. When you add in the searchable 400+ page, pdf reference manual (under the Help menu) MoneyWorks is one the better documented applications available and for many MoneyWorks customers this is enough to get started and continue using MoneyWorks for years.
However some people learn visually…
If that is true in your case as it is in mine, this service might be right for you.
Training is performed using TeamViewer software that allows secure Remote Access Training & Support over the internet. MoneyWorks V6 has a built in TeamViewer client and V5 customers can download a free TeamViewer application here. TeamViewer runs on Mac & Windows. Once connected both users can access the MoneyWorks file and training is performed on your computer while communicating via telephone. Once the TeamViewer session is closed the remote user can no longer connect to your computer.
Pricing and Terms
- One hour sessions $45.00/hr. (CAD or USD)
An invoice and receipt will be issued and sales taxes will apply for Canadian residents. Prices listed are in CAD & USD. Canadian customers will be charged in CAD dollars, and USA customers in USD.
Timelines and delivery
Courses can take place between 8:00 am EST to 8:00 pm EST seven days a week on typically three days notice.
Courses and Topics covered
Prior to booking a training session determine which course (listed below) is of interest or which specific topics you want to cover. This is one on one training and as such, the course options below can be structured to fit your particular needs.
In other words you have an experienced MoneyWorks user at your disposal and if you wanted to spend 60 minutes working on one or two topics, then the instruction will be structured accordingly. Review the course options and topics below to determine what might best suit your particular needs.
Training Course Options
- MoneyWorks Beginners Course
This course is designed for clients that are new MoneyWorks customers and/or are not familiar with accounting computer software in general. It is a full one hour session that will teach you how to set up your MoneyWorks file to best serve your particular business needs and your specific workflow.
- Creating the company file
- How to modify your chart of accounts
- How to create Customers, Suppliers
- How to create Items and Services that you sell
- How to enter transactions (payments receipts, invoices, etc.)
- How to manage your sales taxes
- How to run your reports
- How to modify forms
- MoneyWorks Intermediate Course
This course is designed for clients that have been using MoneyWorks for a while and now want to start using more of the powerful accounting features to better understand their results, or handle the not so common types of accounting functions. The course is an hour in length. However as it is one on one training the course is really self directed based upon you current knowledge.
- How to enter Journal Entries
- How to use account inquiries/enquiries
- How to handle refunds, returns, cancelled checks/cheques etc.
- How to report your HST/GST/PST/QST Sales Taxes (Canada)
- How to manage 1099s (USA)
- How to reconcile your bank account and credit cards
MoneyWorks Gold Features Courses
This course is designed for MoneyWorks Gold and Datacentre customers and deals specifically with the features of Gold. The course is an hour in length. However as it is one on one training the course is really self directed based upon your particular needs be it inventory management, manufacturing, order processing, job costing managing multiple currencies etc.
- Order processing (Quotes to Sales Orders to Purchase Orders to Invoices)
- Inventory Management (StockTake, Inventory Valuation, Categorization)
- BoM Bill of Materials (Recipes, Kits)
- Job Costing (Quotes to Deposits to Jobs vs Projects to Billing etc)
- Managing Multiple Currencies (System Rate versus Transactional Rate, Reporting)
- Departmental and Cost Center Accounting (Departments, Groups, Classifications)
For more information on training contact firstname.lastname@example.org