MoneyWorks is a well documented application with a searchable pdf, 400 + page reference manual, located under the Help menu that describes the steps in setting up a company file and to some extent importing records and data from your legacy accounting system.
Additionally there are QuickStart Guides that describe the setup process in more detail, located here: Canadian QuickStart Guide or USA QuickStart Guide and in many cases that is all your bookkeeper, accountant or you as an accounting savvy business owner might require.
However if Accounting is not your thing
Our set up services include:
- Creating the company file
- Importing your existing chart of accounts (or building one for you)
- Importing your customer records from your legacy system
- Importing your supplier records
- Importing your items/products/services
- Importing the opening inventory levels (qty on hand)
- Importing the outstanding AR (receivables)
- Importing the outstanding AP (payables)
- Importing un-presented items e.g. issued checks/cheques that have not yet cleared
- Entering the closing balances from the Trial Balance of the legacy system
In other words a complete set up that starts your MoneyWorks file where your legacy system left off.
Pricing and Terms
- Flat Rate $150.00 (CAD or USD)
Terms are prepayment via credit card (Visa or MasterCard). A receipt will be issued and sales taxes will apply for Canadian residents. Prices listed are in CAD & USD. Canadian customers will be charged in CAD dollars, and USA customers in USD.
Upon receipt of the exported files (customers, suppliers, products/services and the chart of accounts) as well as email confirmation of the starting financial year the completed file will usually be returned in 3 working days.
The variable in this time frame is the condition of the data to be imported, not the number of records. Data is exported from most accounting systems via tab-delimted or comma separated text files. Some versions of Quickbooks limit exports to .iff files their proprietary text format. Although these files can be converted to standard text formats and imported, often it takes longer to rebuild the information e.g. matching billing addresses to shipping address etc. In all cases a firm response time will be set upon review of the data to be imported.
If you are just starting out and do not have an existing accounting solution to convert, you might find this video on Creating a New MoneyWorks file helpful. Or sign up for an hour of one on one training here.
For more information, send an email email@example.com